Our thorough dental examination will give us a comprehensive picture of the current health of your teeth, gums and associated tissues.
Your regular dental check-up will involve:
- A complete medical history
- Examination of your temporomandibular joints (where the jaw articulates with the skull). TMJ problems are a common cause of headaches.
- Palpation of the salivary and lymph glands in the head and neck looking for discomfort, swelling and asymmetry
- Examination of the skin and soft tissues surrounding your mouth looking for abnormalities, swelling and moles
- Examination of the teeth and gums. As well as a visual examination this will include:
- X-rays: we use digital radiography equipment with a much smaller radiation dose than standard equipment. X-rays are a vital part of any dental examination allowing us to diagnose problems under the surface of the teeth, between the teeth or in the roots
- Intra-oral camera: a small hand-held camera can take close-up pictures of your teeth and project them onto the screen in front of you – you will be able to see exactly what your dentist sees.
- Diagnodent: a gentle laser device that rests on the tooth and calculates the level of bacteria on the surface. This technology allows safe detection of early or hidden caries.
- Dietary advice
- Discussion of oral cancer risk factors including smoking and alcohol
Book your dental check up at the Kensington Dentist today by calling us on 020 7221 1680. We offer a relaxing and timely dental experience in London.